Amazing Health Benefits of Radish
Radish is an edible root vegetable. It is widely used in India. There are many varieties and types of radish. Yet, white radish is popular.
Radish is a rich source of vitamins B and C, and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc etc. Many people consider radishes to be beneficial in getting rid of kidney stones. Apart from that, they have many other benefits too.
Health Benefits of Radish :
1. Radish contains dietary fibre that helps in easy digestion.
2. The leaves of radish have more health benefits than the roots of radish. They contain more calcium, iron, phosphorus and vitamin C than that of root. So, consuming radish leaves along with roots can fetch more benefits.
3. Radish juice is very beneficial in healing liver diseases.
4. Radish helps in reducing the absorption of cholesterol and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
5. Radish juice helps in enhancing appetite and controlling hiccups.
6. It also relieves chest congestion and cures cough and cold ailments.
7. Consumption of mixture made from dried leaves, roots of radish, and honey relieves abdominal pains related to indigestion.
8. The consumption of powder made from dried seeds of radish helps in curing all menstrual problems.
9. Oil made by boiling radish juice and sesame seed oil helps in treating earaches. It also helps in relieving joint pains when applied externally.
10. Applying radish juice on hair and cleaning it after an hour treats dandruff. It also makes the hair glow.