Turmeric has Tons of Benefits
Turmeric is one of the widely used ingredients in Indian cuisine. It is loaded with lot of health benefits. Since ancient times, it is believed that turmeric can treat various types of wounds, sprains, aches, pains, skin diseases, and pulmonary and gastrointestinal disorders. Several researches show that turmeric is helpful in controlling arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, kidney problems and some types of cancer.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder in a glass of lukewarm milk and drink it to get relief from cough and cold. Applying the mixture of olive oil with turmeric powder to face can reduce acne and scars. It also smoothens the facial skin.
- Foot cracks can be healed by applying the mixture of castor oil and turmeric powder regularly. Chewing the burnt root of turmeric can relieve toothaches.
- Applying the mixture of turmeric powder and water on boils can treat them. The sandal made from turmeric heals several skin ailments including albinism. But it takes several months of time to cure.
- Turmeric is a natural medicine for liver problems, loss of appetite, and intestinal problems.
- Turmeric contains antifungal and antibacterial properties. The substance lipopolysaccharide in turmeric helps in boosting immunity of the body.
- Turmeric lessens cholesterol levels in the blood and thereby helps reduce cardio vascular diseases.