Home remedies for dental cavities
Dental cavities are one of the most common oral health problems across the globe.
Teeth problems are quite common in children, teenagers, and elderly people.
There are many reasons for dental cavities.
Cavities caused by bacteria due to certain foods, poor dental hygiene, sticky foods, dry mouth, frequent snacking etc. are some of the reasons.
Here are some remedies for dental cavities:
- Clove treats almost all kinds of dental issues. The eugenol in it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It eases pains and prevents the spreading of cavities. Chew a clove for some time and keep it under your tongue to soothe the pain caused by cavities.
- Salt is another home remedy that works well for dental cavities. Swish the salt solution made with one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water, and keep it for a minute in your mouth to alleviate pain.
- Chew the neem twigs and rinse after some time. This works as an antibiotic.
- Brush your teeth regularly with licorice powder to prevent the bacteria that lead to dental cavities.
- Apply turmeric powder on the affected teeth and wait for few minutes. Turmeric is beneficial due to its antibacterial properties.
- Apply the mixture of garlic cloves and rock salt on the affected teeth. Wait for 10 minutes and rinse to treat tooth decays.
- Apply nutmeg oil on your teeth with cotton swabs to prevent the growth of bacteria and microbes that cause dental problems.
- Triphala is widely used in Ayurveda medicine. Make a paste with Triphala powder and honey. Apply it on the cavities for a few minutes and rinse it off to get relief from pain.
- Massage your teeth and gums with tea tree oil to strengthen your teeth and protect them from bacteria.
- Oil pulling with sesame seed oil reduces the plaque on teeth. You can use mustard oil or coconut oil also for this.
Image Reference: Boldsky