India is the dream place for jobseekers | Fusion - WeRIndia

India is the dream place for jobseekers

India is the dream place for jobseekers

A survey was recently conducted by Timesjobs among 1,100 job seekers in India. The survey revealed that about 60% of job seekers are looking for their dream destinations in the country. The other 40% of job seekers are looking for their dream jobs overseas.

This makes India the dream destination for the majority of Indian job seekers. The survey also asked about the specific dream jobs of the job seekers.

In general, most male job seekers are looking for their dream jobs in the field of engineering, while most female job seekers are looking for their dream jobs in the medical field.

For male job seekers, besides the 30% majority looking for jobs in engineering, 25% have dream jobs in the medical field, 20% have dream jobs in the Information Technology (or IT) industry, 15% have dream jobs as chartered accountants, and 10% have dream jobs in the field of law.


For female job seekers, besides the 30% majority looking for jobs in the medical field, 25% have dream jobs as chartered accountants, 20% have dream jobs in the IT industry, 15% have dream jobs in engineering, and 10% have dream jobs in human resources (or HR) professions.

Overall, the IT industry is the dream industry, since about 35% of job seekers are looking for jobs in the IT field.

About 30% of job seekers are looking for jobs in the healthcare field, and another 30% of job seekers are looking for jobs in the manufacturing field.

20% of job seekers have dream destinations in the BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) industry, and 16% have dream destinations in logistics.

India is the dream place for jobseekers

India is the dream place for jobseekers

 

15% have dream jobs in retail, another 15% have dream jobs in either the BPO or ITeS sectors, and 10% have dream jobs in either the consumer durables or FMCG sectors. However, 55% of job seekers said that they are not currently working in their dream profile.

70% of job seekers said that they are currently working in their dream field, but 25% of job seekers have completely given up on working their dream jobs.


Image Reference: Shine, Goodreturns

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *