Home remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is one of the most annoying hair problems.
Dry, dirty and oily scalp, improper diet, stress, and some medical conditions like eczema are some reasons for dandruff.
Certain home remedies work well for dandruff.
Here is a list of some of them for you:
- Due to its high level of acidic content, apple cider vinegar helps maintain pH levels of your scalp and protect it from dandruff. Take equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water and make it a paste. Before shampooing your hair, apply this paste on your scalp and wait for half an hour. Then clean your hair with a shampoo.
- Lemon aids eliminate the dandruff completely. Combine one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of yogurt. Apply this mixture on your scalp and wait for 15 to 20 minutes. Then shampoo your hair. Use this mixture once in a week for good results.
- Olive oil helps moisturize your scalp and prevents it from flaking. Massage your scalp with olive oil and keep it overnight. Wash your hair the next day morning. Use this process every time you shampoo your hair.
- Yogurt strengthens your hair follicles and keeps them healthy. Massage your scalp with one or two tablespoons of yogurt and wait for half an hour. Wash your hair.
- Green tea has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is loaded with polyphenols to restore the health of your scalp. Soak two green tea bags in a cup of warm water. Wait for some time. Wash your hair with this green tea water. Then rinse off your hair with normal water.
- Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it is considered as one of the best home remedies for dandruff. Massage your scalp with tea tree oil for 15 minutes before shampooing. Then wash your hair to prevent dandruff.
Image Reference: Stylecraze