Best foods for eye health
Eyes are very important. Yet, due to lifestyle changes and jobs related to computers affect eye health.
Even small children are suffering from eye problems.
Some foods promote eye health.
Here is a list of the best foods for eye health:
- Coming to the health of eyes, everyone agrees that vitamin A rich foods like carrots, papaya and mango are beneficial to them. Vitamin A is a component of rhodopsin that helps retina to absorb light. Thus, it helps prevent various eye problems and infections.
- Green and leafy vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in vitamin C and E. They also contain lutein and zeaxanthin that reduce the risk of eye diseases and cataracts. So, add dark green vegetables to your salads or soups.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E to help promote the health of eyes. They also prevent cataracts and other age-related eye diseases. So, add almonds in addition to other nuts that are rich in vitamin E like walnuts, hazelnuts etc.
- Eggs contain zinc, zeaxanthin, lutein and vitamin in the yolk. They can protect eyes from the effects of blue light. zeaxanthin, lutein etc. reduces the risk of developing a cataract in the long-term. Zinc protects the health of the retina.
- Fish like salmon, tuna etc. are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. They are very helpful in protecting your retina health. It also helps prevent glaucoma and dry eye syndrome.
- Broccoli is loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin. These aid in protecting your eyes from free radicals, and promote the health of your eyes.
- Bell peppers help reduce the risk of cataracts as they are rich in vitamins A, C, and E.
- Oranges are packed with vitamin C and aid in promoting the health of your eye. They reduce the risk of cataracts.
- Sweet potatoes are good in beta carotene. They help in reducing eye-related diseases like dry eyes and night blindness.
Image Reference: Naturalfoodseries