Salt Therapy Cures Skin and Respiratory Problems
Salt therapy is an ancient technique. It is believed that a Polish physician first wrote about the benefit of salt mines in 1843. Salt therapy is also known as halo therapy. It is considered to be beneficial for respiratory and skin ailments. Salt therapy is a complete natural therapy and treats ailments without drugs. Many salt caves, salt resort and salt spas came into existence to treat respiratory and skin diseases. Salt rooms are the rooms with salt coated walls and floor. Minute particles of dry sodium chloride aerosol are produced by a special Halo generator and released into the Salt Cave.
Many salt resorts are established in India. High dispersion and saline diffused air is used in these resorts or caves. The dry, diffused salty air is breathed in to relieve skin and respiratory conditions. Salt room therapy is one such salt cave which was set up in New Delhi. The first session is free in this cave. Conditions like asthma, cough, bronchitis, hay fever, cold and influenza, ear infections, sinusitis, eczema can be treated with this therapy.
The patients can see betterment in their conditions after the first session. They will be able to breathe easier than earlier and feel revitalized. Salt therapy also helps in the following ways:
- Salt therapy cleanses the airways by eliminating airborne pollen particles from them.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It reduces snoring and induces a better sleep.
- Patients can immediately see improvement in their conditions as this therapy lessens sneezing and shortness of breath.
- Salt therapy is very beneficial for dermatological ailments such as dermatitis, and eczema.