New guidelines for pensioners under CGHS | Fusion - WeRIndia

New guidelines for pensioners under CGHS

New guidelines for pensioners under CGHS

Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a healthcare facility for both existing and retired employees.

CGHS facilities are available only in a few cities. Pensioners or family pensioners who want to avail this scheme need not live in these areas.

If they are living in an area that is not covered by CGHS, they can get a fixed medical allowance (FMA). They can switch from FMA to OPD facility or vice versa under CGHS once in their lifetime.

Pensioners or family pensioners should get a CGHS identity card by registering their names with the CGHS dispensaries by applying.

There are certain guidelines to avail this scheme, and the central government issue them from time to time.

The central government yesterday issued fresh guidelines for pensioners to avail patient department (OPD) facility under the scheme.

Pensioners or family pensioners can choose to get an FMA of ₹1,000. They can avail this if they are residing in areas that are not covered by CGHS as per the existing guidelines.

The latest guidelines were issued for laying down the procedure and timeline to change the option from OPD to FMA or vice versa. Pensioners or family pensioners can change options as per the guidelines.

If anybody, is receiving FMA and wants to avail OPD facility, he/she may apply to the concerned pension disbursing bank requesting for discontinuation of FMA.

The bank shall consider the request and discontinue the allowance. Then it will issue a certificate to the applicant. The process will be completed in three working days from the date of receipt of the application.

The pensioner who wants to avail OPD facility can then request the concerned CGHS authorities for the issuance of the CGHS card. He/she shall pay necessary CGHS contributions if not paid. The pensioner or family pensioner shall complete all required formalities. Then a provisional CGHS card will be issued to the applicant within four working days. The card can be used until the issuance of a regular CGHS card.

On the other hand, anyone who wants to avail FMA instead of IPD or OPD facility can apply to the CGHS authorities.  The authorities will issue a certificate that can be surrendered along with an application to the Head of Office for issuance of FMA. Within two months, he/she will get the revised pension along with the payment of FMA.

Image by arivleone from Pixabay (Free for commercial use)

Image Reference:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.